I love lists & bullet points. So let’s discuss 10 handy semi-repurposing tricks I’ve learned along the way…
1) Bamboo sticks are great for hanging tab panel curtains. They add a nice earthy touch and it’s an inexpensive project overall.
2) I found a hand made wooden candle holder at a flea market which I now use as a hat holder.
3) I scooped up a free, aged, wooden Apple box from a local church that I now use as a nightstand in my spare bedroom – it’s great because I can stack books or blankets inside of it as well.
4) 2 dresser drawers were going to be thrown out so I took them and put my son’s craft & art supplies in them and I keep the drawers tucked neatly under his bed.
5) 1 purchased a dresser drawer for under $5 at a resale shop and hung it on my bathroom wall. I keep cotton balls and Q-tips in Mason jars on the shelf as well as clean hand towels.
6) I fell in love with a white dresser that my brother handed down to me. I changed the knobs to update the look. I decided to place the dresser in my kitchen actually. Top drawer contains silverware, second drawer holds kitchen towels and the third and fourth drawers hold the most important contents…snacks!
7) I found that a silverware tray can help organize junk drawers & desk drawers. Add an ice cube tray as well for those pesky pushpins, random pennies, and paper clips.
8) Hanging shoe racks are helpful! And guess what? We own two, and neither of them hold shoes. The first rack is hanging on the inside of my son’s closet door. Instead of holding shoes, things like stickers, crayons, and small random toys can be found in the pockets. The other (metal) shoe rack is hanging on his bedroom door and that is where I hang up his hoodies and other items that I need to quickly grab.
9) Cupcake/Muffin pans are great for making egg muffin cups for your friends & family. I’m not a big sweets person so I don’t bake.
10) Last for this list, and one of my favorites, is my old wooden baby chair. I keep it in my kitchen and it holds one of my favorite things…a plant.
Thanks for reading! Until next time 🙌🏽